Home Access to SL
Access to OS
MIWoSEVirtual World Teacher Training Project
Update on 7 Feb, 2018
OverView 1.Advantage 2.Demo 3.Tutorial 4.Lesson Plan 5.Tools 6.Community 7.Build LessonPran-Blogger Destination-Sheets Video Tutorial
Tokyo University of Information Science (TUIS), Japan Agency for Marine-Sceince and Technology (JAMSTEC), National Institute of Education, Singapore (NIE), ScienceCircle Foundation (SC), etc. are collaborating on educational use of Multi-User 3D Environment (MU3DE), such as Second Life and OpenSim Grid, as a Cross-disciplinary Collaboration Platform.
- Why MU3DE?
- MU3DE is a remarkable platform for remote, inter-disciplinary and international collaboration, overcoming differences in language and time zone. Major factors for such collaboration are derived from:
- MU3DE has object-oriented creating method which enables to share works or ideas and to accumulate collaborating results in non-real time. People do not need to rely upon Computer Graphics specialists in order to express their own ideas in MU3DE. There are many free materials for creation, and an active marketplace in which people can easily purchase goods and use them in MU3DE.
- MU3DE has also been useful not only for visualization of contents but also for visualization of contexts, the relations between the different content. Such exhibits need to arrange related contents in a narrative - not only through linguistic communication (such as text and speech) - but also through visual.
- Remote and real-time / non-real-time communication by English text chat: Listening to English can be a weak point for Asian people. English text chat enables Asian people to communicate internationally at relatively ease. It is also more useful for conferences during which many people are participating.
- Open Science Promotion Workshop;
- - Hajime Nishimura, Sui Morita, Jun Takamoto, Cross-disciplinary collaboration platform using MMORPG technology .Virtual museum of Art and modern history., 3rd Open Science Data Promotion Workshop, Kyoto University, Sep, 2016
- MIWoSE: Monthly International Workshop on Science Exibits in VW
- Virtual World Teacher Training Project
- Science Circle Presentaion/ Field Trip;
- - 16 Dec. 2017: The Future of Fukushima - The recostruction and the radiation protection by Fumon Crystal
- 5 Nov, 2017: The Fantastic Life in the Oceans by Linda Morris Kelley/ YouTube
- 3 Nov, 2017: The Future of Fukushima - The recostruction and the radiation protection by Fumon Crystal
- 24 Jun, 2017: Art History Part 2 - Right Eyefs Art vs. Left Eyefs Art? - / Japanese version by Hajime Nishimura
- 18 Mar, 2017: Vernefs Nautilus re-construction/ Japanese version by Hajime Nishimura
- 16 Jan, 2016: Big Data and Supercomputing - for Sustainable and Resilient Society by Hajime Nishimura
- 14 Dec, 2014: 30 Thousand Year Time Travel of Arts by Hajime Nishimura
- 15 Feb, 2014: How to make a Musuem- Visualization for Collaboraion and Discoverry Part 2 by Hajime Nishimura
- 21 Sep, 2013: Visualization for Collaboration and Discovery in Online 3D Environment by Hajime Nishimura
- Time Zone